Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 19 April 2010

Fun, fun, fun!!

The last few days has been absolutely manic and then very relaxing! I know I've not blogged for a few days, my excuse is there's no Internet at the in-law's caravan in Skegness! I have been very good food and exercise wise and even managed to resist an ice cream at the sea side.



Wednesday night saw the fun kicking off with me taking my youngest sister to see one of our favourite bands. It was her fist ever gig, and a punk one at that! She soon got into the swing of things and with all the dancing and being red hot i reckon we sweated out the Nando's that we'd had for tea!!!



Thursday was our hectic day of dropping CB off at Mum's then driving to the Skeg. we ended up calling at the services for some lunch which wasn't planned but I thoroughly enjoyed my panini from Costa and it was delicious! I was very surprised to see I came in on points that day, and even racked up 1 activity point even though I'd spent most of the day sat in the car. The caravan was soooooooooooo cold when we eventually got there so the walk around the shops soon got us warming through!



Friday and Saturday saw us doing loads and loads of walking and earning tons of activity points! Again I think the lovely weather helped us out. The only downside to all the lovely sun was the amount of people that descended upon the sea side at the weekend! At one point it was that busy I actually couldn't see anything except for bodies (I'm only 5' 5")! We nearly cracked and went into an Indian on Saturday night but we had already planned a home made curry. It tasted gorgeous but was maybe not a wise choice in the caravan! I even had some wine on both nights too and came in on points. This may also be due to the fact that we have discovered a lovely coffee bar in an amusements along the front. Everything is very lovely, I was very impressed with their salads that I had 2 days on the trot (that's how nice they were!) plus they also do "skinny" lattes, or just skinny milk, BONUS!!!!!! You can tell it's still new and people are still slightly wary of it as it wasn't as busy as we expected, think the trendy coffees might put off the more seasoned Skegness visitor! Even more room for me and Mr B then!! Woooooooo!

Sunday was unfortunately home time, and it took forever to get back! I'd love it if just once we didn't get stuck behind someone doing 40 in a national speed limit zone, or bloody tractors! Anyway, sorry about that rant! We called in at Mr B's parent's on the way home which was nice. His mum has been doing WW on and off for a few years now and has a vast collection of books that she has very very kindly let me borrow. I know I was moaning that I wanted meal ideas, and now I'm getting all inspired again. It's brilliant!

Lex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment