Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 7 June 2010

Was That The Weekend That Just Whizzed Past...

Hope everyone had a good weekend, mine was packed full to bursting with so much stuff happening that I don't think I've had one at all!

I weighed in this morning and have lost 3 lb this week, taking me to 15 st 9 lb. That's 3 lb off my little mini goal of losing 3 stone before we go to the wedding on the 4th of July. So there's three more WI's and essentially four weeks to get it shifted. I just hope that my body behaves these next couple of weeks!

Tea at Frankie and Benny's on Friday night was lovely. It was nice to see Mr B's mum so relaxed for a change! Come in just on points which was good too, really enjoyed my salmon fishcakes. The one at Selby is very nice and relaxed and never too busy, plus you can normally hear the other people at the table with you instead of being drowned out by the music!

Saturday was AMAZING! The team on the trailtrekker did brilliantly. They managed to just finish within the 30 hours, with three team members out of the four of them finishing. Our job as the support crew was to make sure they were fed and watered and were generally OK before setting off on the next leg of the journey. This is only second year of this event and the first for all of us lot so we were very unsure what to expect. We also thought we weren't equipped enough, but some of the support crew pretty much had nothing which made us feel better but a bit sad for their team mates!

There was quite a wait in between the check points so Mr B and I took off and explored Settle for a while and ventured to "The Naked Man Cafe" for some lunch. I struggled to find a healthier option, whereas the other half decided on a sausage sandwich. I had to laugh when lunch arrived and he got Jacket potato envy!!! Serves him right is all I can say! After a long hard day being supportive, Nando's was just the thing to end a lovely day.

We did aim to get up Sunday morning to watch them finish but we were trapped in the village due to a Triathlon that no one seemed to know about!! We stupidly decided to venture to IKEA to get a TV stand. A wet Sunday, a full to bursting shop and screaming children do not make for a nice day out. We gave up after having two coffees in the cafe and buying some tea lights, and we only really got those to use the new self scan tills! Cue earning a few activity points dodging abandoned trolleys and people walking the wrong way around the shop (don't the know the unspoken law of IKEA!).

This week I am going to try my hardest for a loss again. I'm at the gym straight from work, tea is all organised and ready to go so that's all pointed. I'm only going to be able to get to the gym once this week I think, I'm going to try and get a few Wii fit or just dance sessions in too to try and boost it. Does any one have any ideas to help me?

Lex xxx

1 comment:

  1. I can't help with the exercise bit at the moment I'm afraid as I seem to have developed some sort of phobia of the gym! Just Dance is always a good one - and maybe a few walks at lunchtime?

    I don't envy you Ikea on a Sunday - sounds hellish!

    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete