Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Friday 11 June 2010

Operation Black Forest Gateau

It's the weekend dearest readers, thank god for that! Although tonight's mission has been to attempt to make a black forest gateau for my sister's boyfriend. It's his birthday on Sunday but the party is tomorrow night, and he made me promise to have a go at making one for him as it's his favourite. So far so good. The cake bit is made and is now in three slices soaking up cherry syrup. It's a very sickly smell! The cream and cherries are being added tomorrow before we go down, fingers crossed it'll travel OK!! Really looking forward to seeing everyone too.

I've been a busy girl tonight, also made savoury scones from the WW mag and quiche ready for tomorrow! Think I deserve a sit down now.....

Tonight's tea has been the Turkey Keema Curry from this month's Weight Watcher's mag. I used balti paste instead of the korma paste as we like a little bit of spice in our curries. It was a big hit! Very very scrummy in my tummy! I made the breaded pork things with the wedges on Thursday night and they were yummy too. Points and activity points have done well this week, I'm now sat relaxing with a gin and slimline tonic and a cadbury's fudge. It feels great!

Right I'm off to try and make a start at looking slightly glamorous before tomorrow, I may be some time......

Have a great weekend what ever you get up to
Lex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment