Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Friday 4 June 2010

Hair Raising!

We have gorgeous weather once again here today, do not want to be at work at all! I really think there should be a law passed against working on beautiful days. Let's face it, who knows how long it will last and if we'll see any more sunny weather for a while!



Had two good days points wise and that's including a non-planned meal out with Mum last night. I've also gained a fair few activity points on the WW pedometer this week too. I know a few people aren't keen on them but I love mine and try and I wear it every day (outfit permitting!). I'm also just finishing off the last portion of my first batch of Butternut squash soup, it's very tasty, zero points and very filling! I'm dead chuffed with myself.



Wednesday night's plan of wii fit was put to the way side as I decided that my hair was in desperate need of some fresh colour, as my wonderful sister pointed out "Lex you're gingerness is escaping!". I thought it was time for a change seen as I've had it pretty much black and red for 18 months now. My poor hair will hate me as I had to strip it of all colour which was scary and very light coloured, then put this nice red colour over the top. Unfortunately Mr B came home early and caught me with the strange yellow/light hair and told me in a very sarky way that I looked "pretty". Hmmmmmmm. Any way, after what seemed like forever I now have a head full of dark red locks, phew!



I went straight down to the parentals from work on Thursday, and for once all three of us girls were in the same place at the same time. Me and my middle sister don't see each other as often as we would like as she works shifts as a carer. Every one says that we all look alike, what do you think:






From left to right is Kheira, Harriet and Me.



I took advantage of the sale in Sainsbury's last night and bought myself a couple of tops, a skirt and some shorts. I'm very impressed that I'm now in smaller sizes as I don't see any difference in my size and shape when I look in the mirror.

I have also made the effort to start recording my measurement at the beginning of the month. I've not done this before and got all inspired to do so whilst reading a blog the other day. I've promised myself I'll do this on the 1st of every month so I can see how I'm doing. I'll keep you posted!



Mr B and I have a long day tomorrow being part of a support team for a friends charity walk. We're part of the early shift so we have to make sandwiches etc for when they arrive at the check point and have spare gear for them in the car. They aim to do 60 miles in 30 hours! I hope the weather is not too hot for them like wise I hope it's not too wet! It's taking place near Skipton so I'm looking forward to all the beautiful scenery.



Lex xxx

1 comment:

  1. ohhh well done for starting taking your measurements, I found it really good to know that I was changing (even if I couldn't see it through my own eyes)!

    ReplyDelete