Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 21 June 2010

It's Monday

Firstly I would just like to say thank you for all the compliments on my hair, and for the advice on the maxi dress. They cheered me up and made me smile like the nut case that I am! I even wore the dress out yesterday for Father's day, papsicles (dad) said I was looking lovely which also made me smile.

I was brave on Friday and went to the doctors about the depression and anxiety that I've been suffering on and off with for the last 18 months. I was determined not to go straight on to medication and he honoured my decision and said we'll see how I get on. So as of Wednesday I've signed myself off work, and back off to the doctors on Friday to see how long he says to have off. Feels a little bit weird now I've finally admitted that I need to get help, but I know it's a step in the right direction.

The weekend was great, but Skegness was freezing!!! We had the heating on in the van and had to get up and put it back on in the middle of the night! Mr B is convinced we're turning into an old couple, this was confirmed when we shared a shandy!! Dear lord I'm only 25!!!!



We did lots of walking and enjoyed lunch both days in the cafe we've found that does lovely proper lattes (I'd tell you where it is but I'd have to kill you!) and the scrummyest prawn salad bowls I've tasted so far.

The rain on Saturday held off long enough for us to just get sat down inside before it was bouncing off the floor, all three of us were very grateful I can tell you! This however cost me and Mr B about a fiver in change for the slots and for a milkshake that if Harriet had have put down, I would have gulped down like you wouldn't believe. There's one of those trendy milkshake bars opened up that do all sorts of weird and wonderful flavours, so Saturday's was minstrels and she NEEDED one yesterday to come home with that was a whisper one. I had the tinyest taste of both and both were gorgeous. There's at least 4 scoops of ice cream in each one though so imagine the points values!!!!

I'm still slightly stuffed from the yummy Indian we had for tea to celebrate Dad's day yesterday. It was delicious and even more so as we've not had an Indian restaurant meal for ages! The veg balti that I had looked nicer than everyone else food at our table by far, even Dad was looking a bit envious it has to be said.

Well I'm now weighing in on a Wednesday at my local meeting as I'm now a monthly pass member, so no news there. Points wise I've saved a few so far, I went over yesterday but I'd got plenty saved so I'm not too fussed about that. Still no ideas for the one week only thing...

I keep trying to add pictures into my posts but the stupid thing won't let me, so I'm sorry for the boring pictureless posts that are here at the mo

Lex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment