Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Staying The Same

I only realised earlier that it's a week since I last blogged! I have stayed the same yet again this week, although I'm not entirely surprised. I went out for a night out on Saturday but more on that later! This last week I have made more of an effort to include exercise in my day. I have mentioned before that I have a WW pedometer and I'm making it my goal at the mo to get at least 1 activity point earned before I finish work for the day. This is actually a lot more difficult than it sounds! I can now actually say that I am enjoying the gym too. So much so that I think I'm feeling confident enough to book myself into some of the classes at the gym, Pilate's looks like a good starting point. I have also treat myself to some smaller gym bottoms this week, but they are a little tighter fit than what I'm used to so I think it might be a couple of weeks before I dare wear them out to the gym.

I am also making sure I choose better food. I know that with the points plan better food means less points but I tended to eat what I was eating before just less of it. This, plus the gym has really increased the amount of energy I have. I have stopped having my mid afternoon energy dip in the last week or so which has made a big difference to how I feel in general to be honest.

My friend and I went out around Doncaster on Saturday night and had such an amazing night! I had pointed really well all week so I knew I could drink all night long (I'm a light weight really!). We started off with a gorgeous meal and then danced the night away! I actually felt like I looked nice for a change. I really love the 1940's and 50's style, so I channelled my inner pin up girl for the night in a pencil skirt and very high heels. I really did struggle to find something to wear though as I'm now between sizes so I didn't go out and buy anything, just had to root around in my wardrobe.


Now if anyone's ever been out around Doncaster you'll know just how much of grotty place on an evening, saying that it's not much better during the day. There were plenty of "sights" I can tell you. My friend is used to nicer places on nights out but it was such a laugh, one of the only saving graces was that the races had been on so every one was "suited up"!

I have found an amazing blog with a girl that's very very inspirational. Over the course of the last week I have read all her old blogs and she really has inspired and motivated me to want to do this. Reading what she has done has shown me that I CAN do this.

Something has finally clicked...

Lex xx

No comments:

Post a Comment