Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Friday 3 September 2010

Sea-side O'clock!

It's almost 3pm, the time I finish work which will today be known as "Sea-side o'clock" as we're straight off to sunny Skegness for a weekend in the caravan. I hope it will be a weekend of relaxing and chilling out as I feel we both deserve it!
It's a month since moving day today, and I don't think either of us have recovered from the moving stress on top of me being off and then being so tired from going back to work. Mr B has been fantastic and so supportive, it's time he took some time out for a change.
Tea with the in-laws last night was lovely. I made pork and vegetable casserole from the weight watchers site, it's becoming one of our faves to be honest with you and even more so since I decided to buy ready chopped carrot and swede mix. I'm extremely clumsy so no more nearly taking fingers/thumb off when trying to hack at the swede! It went down well with Mr B's parents, so much so that his mum has taken my copy of the recipe home with her. Even his Dad scoffed a massive dish of it, and at 3.5 points per serving you feel like you've had a naughty tea even though it really isn't at all. Here is the link:




Pork and Vegetable Casserole

POINTS Value: 3.5

Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 70 min

Ingredients
5 spray low-fat cooking spray

450 g boneless shoulder of pork joint, cut into chunks

1 large onion(s), chopped

2 clove garlic, crushed

1 medium apple(s), peeled, cored and cut into chunks

2 medium carrot(s), sliced

200 g swede, chopped
420 g Sainsbury's Mixed Beans in a Mild Chilli Sauce, (use any brand)
1 portion stock cube, vegetable, make up to 400ml with hot water

400 g canned tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoon tomato puree
1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground

2 teaspoon thyme, or mixed herbs
1 pinch salt, and black pepper, freshly ground



Instructions



  • Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C.
    Spray a large flameproof casserole with low fat cooking spray. Add the pork, a handful at a time, and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until seared and browned.





  • Add the onion, garlic, apple, carrot and swede and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring.





  • Add all the remaining ingredients, stirring well to mix thoroughly. Bring up to the boil, then put the lid on and transfer the casserole to the oven. Bake for 1 hour.





  • Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed. Serve with extra vegetables or mashed potatoes, remembering to add the extra POINTS


Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


I'm still trying to find five minutes where I can take my measurements for this month, I've only been doing it since the beginning of June and have so far lost an inch round my waist each month. I don't think its something that will (or should) happen every month but it would be nice to see a small change.





Seen as it was pay day the other day, I have treat myself to a few new books that are either WW or weight loss related. I've had them sent to work to to make it look like I'm important and get interesting post! (I'm very sad I know!!!). The first of these arrived today and I'm trying so hard to resist starting to read it straight away as I already have a book on the go. I have been following Shauna Reid's blog "The Amazing Adventures Of Diet Girl" for a while now, and have finally managed to track down her book on the awesome Amazon. Her blog is brill and she is an extremely inspiring lady. Here is her blog http://www.dietgirl.org/ and this is her book to look out for:






Hope every one has a lovely weekend


Lex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment