Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Friday 17 September 2010

The Hips Don't Lie....

First of all I want to say a massive thank you for the lovely comments I've had on reaching my 4 stone off. It really means a lot that any one even reads this blog, never mind takes time out to post such lovely comments to me. So thank you!

Today marks the anniversary of "the picture" being taken. I hate this picture, it's what made me decide to start WW, even though it took me until Christmas to pluck up the courage and stop kidding myself. I promise I will share it with you, but I want to do it around my one year mark just so I can take a nice pic of me now.

I finally got to the gym today! I really enjoyed it and once again didn't realise how much I actually miss it when I don't go. I've tried to add a few more reps in here and there just so my body doesn't get too used to it. I'm still building up the courage to actually run on the treadmill though, as an extremely accident prone clumsy person it's probably safer all round if I don't attempt it in the gym! I did however manage to master the new "ski" machine today, it's like a cross trainer only it goes side to side instead of forwards. I hope I got the name of it right! Any way, my bum and thighs are now a little bit achy so it must be using different muscles which is a good bonus.

It is the last day of what Mr B and I have affectionately termed "Stupid Shift Week". Yet another 3pm-11pm shift, which dare I say, has so far not been too bad! I've survived all week (thanks for asking Linz :) ) and now have that Friday feeling with 2 hours left to go until I can run screaming to my car bellowing FREEDOM!!!! Although it will probably be more of a waddle tonight. I had the same again for tea as last night and enjoyed it just as much, and again am far too full! I managed to ignore my belly screaming "ALEXA STOP!!!! I MIGHT BURST!!!!". Oh well, I'm sure a few more laps around the out side of the building will sort me out.

When I used to work stupid shifts all the time I once counted that a lap around the out side of the building is 250 steps so I used to keep going round and round and round. Saying that I still do now! I bet you now all think I'm rather sad hahahaha.

Just before I scamper off for tonight, I just want to tell you about my hip bones. I have found out that mine exist and I had them the whole time! They were just hiding from me! Even Mr B discovered them the other night. We were all snug in bed having a spoony hug and he went:

"Lex what's that?! There's a strange lump that feels really hard!"

It turns out he'd got his hand on my hip bone! Bless him. Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Lex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment