Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Friday 10 September 2010

Hectic With A Capital H

The past few days have been hectic with a capital H dearest blog readers. We've had weigh in's, mad dashes in the car, last minute shopping trips and a ride in an ambulance!

The weight watchers meeting on Wednesday night was great. Kheira was welcomed with opened arms as I knew she would be, and since she weighed in at Boots last week she's lost around 6 lbs! Obviously there's be a difference in scale calibration and other stuff but I think that it's shown her what she can do and given her the push to carry on with her weight loss journey. Here she is in all her glory ready to go get weighed!










I have had another good week and managed to lose another pound. Dead happy with that as I didn't feel as in control this week as I would have liked to have been. I'm now at 14 st 7 lb, which is 1 lb away from losing 4 stone.

The Boston Barbecue Beef and Beef Hotpot from the old WW book was gorgeous. It really didn't take long to make and was really filling, plus because it tasted like BBQ sauce and has pasta in it felt like a naughty tea even though it was only 6 points. If any one would like the recipe, let me know and I'll post it on here.



I wanted to write this post yesterday, but I was just sitting down to do so when I was called upon to be "Super Lex -First Aider Extraordinaire". A lady from the control room upstairs was feeling all the classic signs of a heart attack, so I had to call an Ambulance to get her to the hospital. It then appeared that I was the only female staff member available to go with her too! So I had my first ever ride in an ambulance and got to spend the day waiting around at the A&E in Wakefield. It was also our "lucky" *ahem* day as we got to hear this bloke describing how a drain he's got sewn in keeps coming out and leaking everywhere! It's just what you need when the nurses have been lovely enough to find us both a drink and a sandwich. In the end they've kept her in over night and they don't think it was a heart attack! Phew!

Mr B and I are off for our camping trip this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to it but CONVINCED that there's something I've forgotten! I have pretty much got everything except the kitchen sink (although I was tempted...) but there's bound to be something! I hope you'll all wish me luck being in a confined space with Mr B full of cold and we've not had chance to practice putting the tent up!

Keep your eye's peeled on the news for "Annoyed girlfriend pushes mardy/sniffly/snot filled other half over cliff top at Scarborough"

Lex xxx



1 comment: