Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Breakfast Breakthrough




After catching up with lots of your lovely blogs during the shift from hell yesterday afternoon, an enormous feeling of inspiration came over me. The ever so gorgeous Linz ( http://linzerello.blogspot.com/ ) mentioned trying out something different for breakfast, so I decided that I would too! Thanks Linz for being my inspiration behind a new awesome very filling breakfast that I have imaginatively called "Apple Porridge". Well it kind of tells you all you need to know in two words really rather than a trendy foam or jus....

Now I forgot to take a pic but I'm sure we all know what a bowl of porridge oats looks like, then imagine an apple chopped into small chunks and a couple of blueberries added for good measure and there you have it! I pointed it up on the recipe builder on the WW site and for 50g oats, 200 ml skimmed milk, an apple, about 20 g blueberries and some cinnamon it comes to 4.5 points. I'm very chuffed with my little self!

In fact I'm trying my hardest to try and eat better and make different food choices to normal this week, starting with the breakfast. I'm very aware that I haven't been able to get to the gym so far this week and I hope that I'll be able to get there Thursday and Friday. So with this in mind I've been trying to "fuel" my body better rather than just picking up a bag of WW crisps. It's going ok I think, but I'm feeling extremely tired which is making it harder to reach for the fruit and not for the other little treats even though they are WW friendly items.

My plan for the rest of the afternoon is to sit and plan a couple of days worth of evening meals from my cookbooks that are stashed in my bag. I noticed that I can make a big point saving on a few of the recipes I've looked at just by using less oil, or missing out cheese if its just for a garnish and I don't think it needs it.

I've left Mr b strict instructions on how to cook tonight's tea as I'll not be home until well after 7 and Barnsley are at home playing Leeds so I think I may have to fight to get into our car park! We're having a curry made with one of the WW tikka sauce jars, chicken and lots of veg. I'll let you know how Mr B gets on as his cooking repertoire only usually extends to mince based products and sandwiches!

I'm off to plan some menus and eat my bagel and have a well deserved (and needed!) coffee

Lex xxx

1 comment:

  1. Aw thanks so much for the shout out :) I am inspired to try said "Apple Porridge" myself!

    Hope the shift from hell passed ok!

    x

    ReplyDelete