Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Wednesday 5 May 2010

Embarrasment!

I need to get this off my chest as I found it so so so funny I had to have a sit down. As previous posts in this blog probably sugget, I'm a little bit daft and or crazy!

Well I know I have moaned about being inbetween sizes at the mo, but I bought a dress the other day which will last me a while as it has a stretchy waist band. "I know, I'll be brave and get some leggins for underneath" said the bright little voice in my head. So off I trotted to Primark and bought myself some very expensive £3 ones in a 16 and an 18. I thought they'd last me a while.... I got changed at work yesterday afternoon into my dress and size 18 leggins as I was meeting my friend at Meadowhall shopping centre for some tea and a wander round. I was feeling very pretty as I'd had compliments off a few people at work, so I practically floated to the car.

All was well until I'd parked up and started walking into Meadowhall... the leggins started working their way down my bum!!! Not just the bleeding leggins but my PANTS as well! It was bad enough that they were going but for my pants to follow suit was just annoying!!

So now I was in a bit of a qundry, which to sort out first? Do I waddle through Boots and hope for the best? Or do I start pulling them up and get barred from Meadowhall for indecent exposure??

I decided I was in quite a good position in Boots, from there I could easily get to 3 sets of toilets, Evans and Primark. So my plan of action was off to the toilets, take off the offending STUPID leggins, off to buy SMALLER PANTS, then to get SMALLER LEGGINS and back to a different toilet just so I wouldn't look weird!

My stealth mission went to plan all apart from me having a major attack of the giggles in the toilets so I then had to sit for 5 minutes to calm down! For added protection I even put my pants OVER the leggings to make sure they didn't budge!

I felt and looked like a total burke (well I did under the dress!)! I looked like a really rubbish superhero! I appologise to any one who may have witnessed my very classy waddle during this time. Needless to say, the size 18's will be going back. As my mum ever so kindly pointed out, once she had regained the ability to speak from laughing at me, they are stretchy and will only start the give even more!

Apart from this slight set back, the evening went lovely and we had a good old natter and put the world to rights as we always do.

Hopefully today will be less eventfull,
Super Lex xx

No comments:

Post a Comment