Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 31 May 2010

Bye Bye May

Where has the month of May gone, anyone seen it? I'm sure it was still Christmas the last time I checked!! Into the 6th month tomorrow which is crazy!!! I hope you're all enjoying your Bank Holiday, I'm stuck at work today as the company I work for just count it as a normal day the meanies! No one else is in so I managed to get all my work done by 11am and have been doing some well deserved catching up on the lovely blogs that I follow on the "blog roll" as well as others that aren't (Lou that's you that is :D).


Another loss of 1lb this week, so at least it's coming off. I'm now at 15st 12lb. Not sure if its time for me to drop/go down a point now, I'm sure the bossy points tracker will prompt me tonight if it is.


Had a good weekend food and exercise wise. Lots of walking and the gym and lots of lovely food that wasn't too high in points. I did go over by 4 on Saturday but that's due to the fact that the lemon tart I was serving our friends looked so damn scrummy! Which it was and I reeeeeeeally enjoyed it too. The points I'd saved during the week covered this though so everything was fine. Mr B made a chili with quorn mince on Saturday for our night of pretending to be civilised and grown up by having people round for dinner. Lauren who was coming round is a veggie so it took a while for us to find something that we'd all eat, in the end we bit the veggie bullet and went with quorn for the 4 of us. I was very surprised at how nice it was, so was Mr B who was a bit worried he'd miss the meat. I might let him make it again lol.


Saturday was a nice busy day, got lots of boring stuff like house work done but also my smoothie maker arrived! No I've only just got into making smoothies as I tried one a few years ago and I really didn't like the texture of it. I think it was because I thought it would taste like a milkshake seen as it looked like one. I was channel hopping the other night and stumbled across a shopping channel that was demonstrating the most super dooper blender type thingies you could ever imagine, they also came at a super dooper price too. I'd been thinking of trying a smoothie recently, seeing that blender along with reading a blog about making them too (http://losingalittlebitofme.blogspot.com/) inspired me to have a go. I braved Asda after work for my supplies and came home to be creative! What can I say, I am a convert! So much so that I have even invested in a "Smoothie2Go" as my little hand blender really didn't like the frozen fruit! Here's a picture of it:







The recipe that I've made up myself is only 2 points and it's very filling. Mr B is complaining about the amount of fruit that is now in our freezer though!

We had a nice stroll about in Leeds on Sunday afternoon. I went to get my next charm for my bracelet and to try on a dress for size that I have seen for our friend's wedding. It's a gorgeous dress although due to the style of it they advise you to get a size or two bigger. I'm now a size 18, which I told the sales girl, she looked me up and down and said "you look like a 16 to me!". I could have kissed her! Well I tried one on, the 20 wouldn't do up at all, whereas the 22 should fit my the end of the month when I go buy one (stupid broad back!). It's strange to think that I've liked these dresses for years and if I'd gone to buy one at my starting weight, thinking they did up to a size 22, I wouldn't have even got it on my back. The shop is in one of my favourite parts of Leeds city centre in the Victoria Quarter. This is next to Harvey Nichols on Brigate. It's gorgeous, that's all I can say. I do love old buildings though. Mr B was feeling flush and decided to treat us to a drink in the Harvey Nichols espresso bar which is straight down the middle of the Victoria Quarter.







Lex xxx



2 comments:

  1. We tried quorn mince a couple of weeks ago and were surprised that it was not too bad. I wouldn't want to use it always instead of meat, but it would definitely be a good substitute when points are tight as it's really low.

    I also love Leeds' Victoria quarter. I lived in Harrogate til two years ago, and went there for a browse reasonably often. I know York well too - both great places to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite liked it but after the disaster with tea last night I think Martin's off it for life!

    Martin's from York so we're there a hell of a lot too, all lovely lovely places! xx

    ReplyDelete