Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Thursday 21 October 2010

Sausages and Saucy Specs...

Firstly, I would like to make a quick apology for my apparent mardy-ness on my previous post. Fingers crossed I'm feeling much better and in a far better mood. There have even been reports of me smiling today....

The down side to the lurgie is that Mr B has now decided that he has it! I swear I can't be ill without him trying to copy! I had the dreaded swine flu last year, and his boss made him work from home just in case he caught it an spread it at work. He did not. He was at home annoying me. I'm sure he'd have period pains if he could get away with it!

Anyway, that's by the by. As of the dreaded weigh in last night I was down 3.5 lbs! I have no idea how that happened. The only thing I have done differently is upped my running. I have now cracked the four and a half stone mark and am also now into the 13's. This is all great but I am now down a point!!

This week is a bit of an odd one as I am working lates today and Friday, which messes up any sense of normality and routine that I like to have. The old version of me used to sit scoffing crap from the vending machine all night, especially when I had to work nights. But thankfully those days are no more! I have put some severe planning into meals this week to try and hold off any slip ups that might try and tempt me. So last night I made a cottage pie ready for tonight's tea and a recipe that I have adapted from Slimming world called "speedy bangers and beans". Both have been very very filling and have stopped me wanting anything else. The sausages are gorgeous and so so tasty without having to do to much messing around! I also replaced mashed potato on top of the cottage pie for carrot and swede mash with a little flora light in and I have to say I am surprised at how much I enjoyed it. There's even some of each left for dinners/teas for tomorrow or for Mr freezer to hold onto for another day.

I also had my eyes tested this morning as they have been aching a bit and I get a bit paranoid about things like that. I have worn glasses for reading and being on the computer for years now and I'm chuffed to say that they haven't changed too much. That's all well and good but one of the pairs I already have are now stupidly wide for my face!!! I didn't even think that was possible!! So I had to pick some new frames, what a shame!! I adore anything retro/vintage and was hoping to get some in that kind of style but no such luck in Specsavers! I will post pics once I've collected them.

I am here until 11 pm tonight and I'm feeling every minute of it. At least I can use the time to catch up on reading your lovely blogs.

Lex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment