Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 22 November 2010

Work Once More

It's the start of the working week once more boys and girls, I hope you all had lovely weekends. I'm sure I blinked and missed mine though!

Ross Noble in Salford was amazing on Friday night, I thought my sides might actually split and my ears are still aching from laughing too much! We had an unexpected surprise of seeing one of my oldest friends and her fiance there too. It was fantastic to see her and to admire her engagement ring that is bloody gorgeous! We've not managed to meet up since February so my appearance was a bit of a shock to her to say the least, the last time we met up I was just starting the long and winding road of WW and had just lost my first stone so 4 stone and 4 dress sizes must be a bit of a shock to her!!

We had a quick wander around the Imperial war museum on Saturday morning as Harriet wanted a look (she's doing GCSE History) and it was free! I'm not into the history of war by any stretch of the imagination but even I found it interesting, I'd certainly recommend it to anyone as it's not just the first and second world wars, but every conflict since the first world war. Oh and the cafe is rather nice too...

Saturday night was Harry Potter night! Mr B and I love the books and the films, as does Harriet, so Mr B booked us tickets for a late night showing. It wasn't as packed as I thought it would be, but that's probably just the time that we picked. I thought it was fantastic, really dark and eerie just like the book. I think Harriet has at least three more trips to see it planned with various different friends!

Even though we were away, and I had ice cream in the interval at Ross Noble, plus a full English breakfast on Saturday morning, I only dipped into "Party Points" by 5! Not bad going me thinks! I even found some butterkist "light" popcorn when we called at the shop for cinema supplies, the small bag (50g I think) works out as 4 pp and I don't think I could have eaten any more than what was in that bag. I tried to find a bag of popping corn so I could make myself a portion and know exactly how much there was etc but I couldn't find any! Any clues as to where I could get some?? Please??

My friend Sally is coming round tonight for tea. She has been doing WW for a little while now and has so far lost 19 lb! She's doing fantastic at it and is also loving the propoints. I have promised to cook a ww friendly tea later which is going to be "Sausage, apple and red onion casserole" It looks rather yummy and has potatoes in it too. For 10 pp, plus some 0 pp brocoli I'm hoping it will be nice and filling too. I'll let you know what it's like...

Lex xxx

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I can't wait to see the new HP! I am such a massive fan of the books, you literally couldn't get any sense out of me when they came out, until I had managed to read the whole thing!

    Popping corn I have managed to find in Tesco before, although I haven't got a clue which aisle - actually, I probably bought it online and just stuck corn into the search box. It's soooo much cheaper than buying ready made stuff though, and I have the cutest little pink popcorn maker as well - pink stuff is always good.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete