Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Thursday 18 November 2010

Holy Crap!!!!

Where the frick did that come from last night??!! I am shocked, neigh stunned, at the news the scales of doom showed last night. Even for all my moaning about bloaty-ness and water retention, I still managed to lose 1.5 lb! AWESOME!

So as some of you may now be aware, by losing that 1.5 lb this week I have reached my very own mini goal. Yes my lovelies, I am now 5 whole stone lighter!!!! FIVE STONES!!!!!! It really has not sunk in yet at all. In my head I still look like I did when I first started, even though I know I don't at all.

I stepped onto the scales with a distinct sense of "oh well" and a mental note to try harder next week. So when they showed the magical number I couldn't believe my eyeballs! The poor cover leader Lisa kept asking me if I was OK as I went into some sort of stunned silence and kept asking her if she was sure that's what I now weighed. I then explained that that took me to 5 stone gone, and I then had to tell her how I started online and have only been going to meetings since the end of June. Once the meeting got under way she then encouraged me to tell the others what happened at the scales, and they all clapped and cheered bless them. I'm not ashamed to admit that I welled up more than a little bit too!

Today is the day of the stupid shift. A nice 13 hour stretch at work worse luck. I'm half way through now though, not sure what I can find to do for the rest of the time as there's not many people around at all today, it's all rather odd.

I'm beginning to put my faith in the new propoints system, and have tracked everything for today and still had 6 pp to spare. So I indulged in a slice of cake from the sandwich van at lunch time. It felt rather naughty to be eating "proper" cake that was all accounted for, even if I did get a massive sugar rush from it!

Tomorrow night is the Ross Noble gig at the Lowry in Manchester, and I can't wait! Nor can Harriet and Mr B for that matter, lets just hope we don't forget the tickets!!

Lex xxx

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!! Huge congratulations, what an inspiration :)

    Have a fab time at Ross Noble x

    ReplyDelete