Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 1 November 2010

To The Rescue....

Merry Monday everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. Mine didn't go to plan but turned out good in the end! That's got to be a bonus!

The rich beef cobbler that I made the other night turned out to be very very yummy, as did the lasagne I made from a WW recipe on Friday night. I even managed to make the white sauce non-lumpy after a failed first attempt. Sometimes my stubbornness comes in handy!

Mr B and I had planned a trip to Scarborough for Saturday, and we were going to meet up with my parent's and youngest sis as they were due to come home on Saturday from a week in sunny Flamborough. All was going to plan until I had a missed call when I was in the gym on Friday afternoon...

Dad's car well and truly died! He turned a corner, the crank shaft snapped and has blown a hole straight through the engine! Oooooops! They got recovered back to the chalet and were then due to be towed home on Saturday morning. So after many random jumbled up conversations, it was decided that Mr B and I would go to the chalet, collect some of there stuff and then go on our merry way to Scarborough. Lex and Martin to the rescue!!!

We got up at stupid o'clock, were on the road for 7 am and with them for just after 9, all with a wee / coffee stop en-route! Not too bad at all!! Harriet then tagged along with Mr B and I for the rest of the day and stayed at ours. She must have eaten far too many ice creams this week though as we said she could anything at all that she wanted, and she just had a 99!! Strange child! I thoroughly enjoyed my sundae and I pointed it all up too. I was rather accountable!

We met up with some friends for a curry Sunday night. It tasted sooooooooo good! We're both curry monsters so since I've started WW I try to make my own, but it's just not the same as it being cooked for you. It was a real treat and I only went over points by 1.5 due to the hot chocolate I'd had whilst we were in town.

I put my planning head on yesterday and have planned as many meals as I can for this week. It doesn't help that I'm on another odd shift again tomorrow, so that's thrown a huge spanner in the works! Tonight is Turkey and mushroom stroganoff, I hope mine looks like the picture as it looks yummy!

Hope every one has a great start to the week,

Lex xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment