Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Wednesday 25 August 2010

C 2 5K Challenge

Hiya everyone. I was wondering if any of you fabulous people have or are participating in the C25K challenge on the WW site?

I've heard about it and fancied having a go but I have no clue where or how to get started with it!! If any one could pass on their immense wisdom I would be mostist grateful.

Lex xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lex

    I'm not doing it as I already run 6+ Km per session anyway but I couldn't always do that. In fact I couldn't run for more than a minute a few years ago.

    My advice would be is to start slow. Jog and walk in intervals for a set period of time and gradually increase over a few weeks.

    Walk to warm up
    Jog for 1-2 minutes
    Walk for 2-5 minutes and continue for 20 minutes.

    Do this for a few sessions then decrease the walk time to 2-3 minutes.

    You get the idea so eventually you will be jogging for a longer period than you are walking.

    It takes time so don't get disheartened at not being able to run/ jog for long periods. I would also concentrate on time rather than distance for the first month or two and if you track your distance you will find that you are going further than you think.

    Good luck and tell us how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried running - and I am useless, but I think something like this (once I lose more weight!!) might be good for me.

    Let me know how you get on x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from a fellow Yorkshire WWer - found your blog through Linz's and loving it so far.

    Try the site coolrunning.com, it's got a good ten week training plan for couch to 5k. Well, I say good I mean rock hard! Good luck!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete