Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 13 December 2010

Feeling Festive!

I am so glad to be back at work for a rest and some peace and quiet after a rather busy weekend! After lugging the furniture and Christmas tree around the front room on Friday night, we are all trimmed up and ready for Christmas! Bring on the festivities!!! How many activity PP do you reckon pushing and pulling a cabinet and a settee would have earned me....





This weekend has seen a gym trip, a sort of Christmas shopping trip, a family get together and the aforementioned trimming up. No wonder I feel worn out today!!





Zumba was AMAZING! I am hoping to make it a regular feature in my week, and I'm definitely going back this Friday for a wiggle, jiggle and a giggle at myself! I really didn't realise how un-coordinated I am until I was stuck in front of the mirror with the other ladies for that hour. It was so much fun, and every one's in the same boat and just having a laugh and enjoying it with the hip shaking and sticking out of the bum!





I met up in Sheffield with my best friend Sally on Saturday, for what was supposed to be some shopping. We ended up pottering around not buying much apart from coffee and putting the world to rights. We also managed to rack up a fair few activity pp between us too! Sal has now lost a stone and a half on WW and is loving it as much as me, we wore our pedometers with pride on Saturday!





I also had a major breakthrough this week, and avoided a mince pie related disaster. I LOVE mince pies, and this being my first encounter with Christmas since starting WW I knew I had to either go "cold Turkey" (how very apt...) or try something new. Having narrowly avoided the pies on Friday at work (I swear I could hear them calling me!), I turned to the fountain of knowledge, the WW website. I found a recipe on there for some mince pies made in filo pastry that only come out as 1 pp each!! How fantastic is that!!! I made some yesterday, and they have gone down a storm with my Dad, Mr B's Dad and his Mum too. So I have been to the shops and stocked up on more supplies for more batches over the next few weeks. I shall definitely be taking some to my WW meeting on Wednesday.





Here is the recipe for those of you who aren't an online member, I only made a dozen though as a trial. I also folded the tops over to make them look more pie like, but that's just because I don't like things too crunchy!





Mince Pies


ProPoints® Value: 1

Servings: 36

Preparation Time: 5

minCooking Time: 15

minLevel of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
300 g Pastry, Filo, Raw, packet, thawed if frozen
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
350 g Mincemeat
4 teaspoons Sugar, Icing (level)



Instructions
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
Unfold filo pastry and use half of it to line 36 patty tins, layering 4 small squares of pastry into each patty tin, and misting each layer of pastry with a little spray cooking oil.
Place 1 teaspoonful of mincemeat into each pastry case. Top with pieces of the remaining filo pastry, scrunched up into folds. Mist each one with spray cooking oil.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar.

Lex xxx

2 comments:

  1. Those mince pies look rather yummy but I don't think I could eat just one.

    I will have to try Zumba it looks like so much fun and gets a lot of people talking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mince pies look amazing, but I fear I'd eat the lot.

    I am desperate to try Zumba, I need to find myself a local class and get my backside into gear!

    x

    ReplyDelete