Hello.....

I am starting this blog to help to motivate myself even more on this weight loss journey. I started just after Christmas 2009 and I know it will be a long journey but one I lknow will be worth it in the end. This has been a long time coming....

Monday 15 August 2011

Single Figures!

Well well boys and girls, we are now well and truly into single figures on the count down clock for the arrival of little Bean! How very exciting and utterly terrifying at the same time!

Bean is now 35 weeks cooked, so it's five weeks to D-day unless Bean decides we aren't making an appearance and then the powers that be let you go over by two weeks. So in seven weeks time there should definitely a little baby living in our house!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!

On a brighter note I only have 10 working days left which feel very surreal but I'm sure I'll soon get over that ;) Here are a couple of pictures of my ever expanding bump, I'm sure I'm expanding by the second now. These were taken two weeks ago...








So the tests for gestational diabetes went well, apart from it being a red hot day! The poor student midwife couldn't get my arm to stop bleeding so it ended up looking like there's been some sort of massacre on the day ward, woops!


I have ended up having to invest in a gym ball to sit on at home too. After going so far with no issues or complaints, I now have sciatica and a condition where your pelvis starts separating so driving and walking have been very interesting! My lovely midwife recommended trying the ball and gave me some exercises that seem to be helping which is great. An added bonus is that I'm also working some muscles whilst I'm sat on it as there is no way on earth that you can slouch or relax on one of those things!

We attended the antenatal classes at the hospital instead of falking out for the rather expensive NCT ones in our area. Mr B controlled his squeamish-ness very well bless him, and he even asked some questions! They were very informative all in all, although I did freak out a little bit on the labour ward when one of the rooms looked more like a cell than a room where you could make yourself comfy...

Any way, I don't want to bore you with baby ramblings too much! Merry Monday everyone

Lex xxx



1 comment: