Once more I need to say a mahoooosive thank you to the girlie's that commented on my last post, one in particular made me cry (you know who you are!) in a nice way I might add! I love getting comments as I'm sure most people do too, it makes me feel like there are people actually being interested in my various ramblings. It's very nice so thank you very much!
We are now on the third day of the brand spanking new year, how is everyone coping with the dregs of food and drink left over from the festivities. I'm quite chuffed to say that our fridge is just about bare and the fruit bowl nearly empty thanks to my hopeful attempt at damage limitation due to the very scrummy curry on NYE and a party at a friends house last night. My friend Linda is an amazing cook and last night was no exception! Anyone for venison or gammon that literally falls apart as it's so tender? Or a mushroom stuffed with pate and then baked? No? More for me then....
It wasn't too bad though as it was a buffet and she'd done a huge bowl of salad and various bits of carrots and peppers so I mainly picked at those although it would have been rude not to indulge a little bit! I was soooo looking forward to some trifle too, but the little kids that were there scoffed the lot! How very rude! There's always next year I suppose.....
I've been reading a fair few of your lovely blogs and everyone's different resolutions for 2011. So here are my goals/resolutions/things to do in 2011:
- Get to goal! This HAS to be top of my list for this year for obvious reasons. I've come this far and I KNOW I can do it. I feel a million times better than this time last year, so I need to carry on and not revive those bad habits that got me here in the first place. Although they did help me find all you lovely people which is very nice :)
- Become a WW Leader. After only switching to monthly pass at the end of June, I now love my meetings and wouldn't go back to just being online unless I had to for some unknown reason. I love the friendships that I have made and the support we all get from each other and from Yong. Everyone I have spoken to about becoming a leader thinks that I have the right personality to do it and to enjoy it too. So watch this space...
- Up The Gym Visits. I really want to push myself to go to the gym three times a week at least. I do enjoy going but I want to try to include different things in my workouts now, and try some different classes. Can anyone recommend any?? Off to get some smaller gym clothes in the sale after work tonight to encourage me.
- Visit America. We both want to go and visit our friends over in California as we don't want it to be another 2 years before we see them again. So far we're hoping to go out around November/December time this year. That sounds quite scary on reading it back, we've only just finished December!
- Spend More Time With Friends. We all have different things going on in our lives, but we need to make the effort to spend time with each other this year and not just have snatched phone calls or texts!
- Say "No" More Often. This is one that I really need to work on! I need to become more selfish with my time in regards to work, pleasing people and helping people out. I don't want that to come across in a bad way as I really don't mean it like that. I have spent all my life doing the "right" thing and wanting to please as many people as I can all at once, sometimes to the detriment of relationships and friendships. This then leads to massive guilt trips on my part wondering if the person who, in my head, I have let down will ever forgive me or will hold it against me. Whereas in reality they've probably just got on with what ever was happening anyway. I have started saying no to my family more often too which I found so so hard, and is not getting easier as of yet but I'm hoping it will.
- Save More Money. Simple, just don't spend it on things I don't NEED. I might think I need yet another handbag or some more shoes, but in reality I really really don't! That money can be saved up ready for America or just be saved!
Right I shall leave it there seen as I've probably bored you all to death with this post!